Monday, August 23, 2010

Blessed

While I hope those of your who know me do not think that I am usually a bragger, but I do have to brag on my hubby a little bit. Derek is by far one of the strongest people I know, and he has definitely displayed that strength over the past several months. We prayerfully decided to buy an Allstate insurance agency this spring (scary) and we now are beginning on another adventure. After many months of prayer and discussion we have decided to officially put our name in for the youth pastor position at our church. Derek and I both were raised in our home church. Our church has seen many hard days over the past several years, but it still remains to be a body of the most loving, welcoming people you would ever meet. We have been serving as "interim" youth pastor since last August, but never seriously considered God's call to the ministry.

Well yesterday it was announced that the leadership in our church would like to recommend Derek for the position to which the church will vote to decide next Sunday. They asked Derek to come before the church and share whatever God laid on his heart. And, man did he do just that! Derek shared all of the valleys and mountaintops that God has led us through over the past year with Derek's job and our fertility issues. He shared how last Christmas we decided to start visiting other churches in the hopes that God would lead us to a church where we could be used. We specifically prayed that God would settle us into a church by the end of summer. Well, through the use of one of the most Godly men I know, God challenged us head on to stop running from HIS plan and accept the call to youth ministry at our home church. God is so good! He truly knows the desires of our hearts and He is revealing to us in such a real way that He has a PERFECT plan that is far greater than anything that I could ever dream or imagine.

There is a Christian song that I have grown to both love and hate. Sometimes I listen to it and I feel empowered. Other times I slam the radio off in anger when I hear it and just sob. Nonetheless, it is a wonderful song that has ministered to me many times over the past year and I wanted to share it in hopes that it will minister to someone else out there. Even while I am waiting on God, I still will serve Him! "I will keep running the race, even while I wait."




Show me YOUR ways, O Lord, teach me YOUR paths; lead me in YOUR truth and teach me, for YOU are God my Savior, and my HOPE is in YOU all day long. Psalms 25: 4-5

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl... I am praying for you and Derek. You have always been such a great role model for me in my Christian walk. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you! We should get together! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a great song for so many seasons of life. I love it. I'll be praying for your new journey at church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl..you know that song spoke to me so much too! I love you and I always pray for you and Derek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song too girl!! Praying for you guys! Hope everything goes great on sunday (I know it will!) I know they can't wait to have you two there, serving Him! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete