Sunday, February 12, 2012

9 Months

Look at this happy 9 month old baby girl!!! While I sometimes wonder why you don't have any teeth yet, I LOVE you toothless, gummy smile! I am so going to miss it once you have some pearly whites!Caroline had to go for her 9 month well-baby visit. She weighs 16 lbs 4 oz. which is only in the 10th percentile for her age. She is 27 1/2 inches tall (50th percentile) and her head is 18 inches around (90th percentile!) Bless her. Little Bit has her Momma's small frame and her Daddy's big head. We say it is to hold her big brain!She had to get her finger pricked so that they could check her hemoglobin (which they said was perfect). The nurse gave her a "grape stick" which is a grape flavored tongue depressor to distract her from the stick and her getting blood into the test tube. Caroline did not so much as whimper throughout the whole ordeal. She even watched the nurse prick her and squeeze her blood into the tube! She did much better than I normally do!I think we will be investing in some "grape sticks"!You still LOVE your yellow blanket. You normally have it at all times every where we go. You absolutely have to have it when you are ready to go to sleep. I think it is sweet that you have a favorite blanket. Bath time is one of your absolute favorite times of the day. You love splashing in the water, playing with your squirt toys and trying to drink the water. You like when we pour water on your head and you unfortunatley try to drink it from time to time.You are still so tactile. You love to touch and feel everything! You often just play with your fingers and hands. You love things that are small that you can pinch with your fingers and hold in your hands.Even though you don't have any obvious teeth poking through, you constantly have your fingers in your mouth! It is so hard to take your picture now because of those fingers.Caroline, we are so proud of you. While I often get sad at how fast you are growing, I feel so blessed and honored to get to watch you grow and develop. I love to watch you discover new things and try new things. You are so smart and funny!I love your sweet personality. I love your precious laugh. You are the absolute joy of our life. We could not love you more! Thank you, Caroline for 9 incredible months. We look forward to seeing what new changes and experiences come our way in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment