Wednesday, July 4, 2012

24 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along
: 24 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Girl is the size of a cantaloupe!  That's pretty big!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 16 lbs!!  Now I am averaging about 1 lb a week in weight gain.  Normally that would make me freak, but the Dr. says it is good.  I will just trust her on that one.
Maternity Clothes: More like Derek's clothes.  He may never get his boxers back!
Gender: IT'S A GIRL!!!
Movement: Yes!!  ALL.THE.TIME!!
Sleep: I have randomly been waking up around 3:00 a.m. every night, and I just lay in bed wide awake for about an hour.  It is a little frustrating because then I just end up thinking of the million things I need to get done in life.  Oh well, it is also a great time to just sit and talk to God about it all, so I really don't mind.
Cravings: Put it in front of me and I will pretty much eat anything:)
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions...I never had these with Caroline, but I think because I am  running around with her and picking her up it is causing me to wear out a little quicker.
Best Moment this week: #1 Derek finally got to feel baby girl move!!  I love keeping him involved in it all!  AND #2 We FINALLY agreed on a name for our sweet bundle.  Her name is Carsyn Rose Henderson!  We had picked out her first name a while back, but we could not come to an agreement on her middle name.  Derek really liked "Rose" and, while I was more pushing for my middle name "Marie", I loved that he was so passionate about it.  He doesn't get to make many decisions since we have 2 girls, so I let him win this one.  I really love it and an added bonus is the girls have the same initials which I think is sweet.  They will be connected from the start! 
We love you, Carsyn!

A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Proverbs 22:1

No comments:

Post a Comment